Responsible Labour Initiatives
Ge-shen is committed to upholding responsible labour initiatives in accordance with the following credo:
- Human Rights We are committed to uphold the human rights of workers, and to treat them with dignity and respect.
- Local Hiring We believe in prioritising the hiring of local employees in the location we operate, to boost the local economic growth, create jobs for the local community whenever possible and develop the local employee’s skillsets.
- Diversity and equal opportunity We believe in diversity at the workplace including in race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, political affiliation, union membership, covered veteran status, protected genetic information or marital status in hiring. Equal opportunity shall be given to people of diverse background to join and to continue building a career in GSCorp
- Freely Chosen Employment We believe there shall be no force or involuntary labour, including the employment of minors or child labour (in Malaysia, minimum age is 18 years).
- Humane Treatment We believe that there is to be no harsh and inhumane treatment including any sexual harassment, sexual abuse, corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse of workers; nor is there to be the threat of any such treatment.
- Health and Safety We believe that health and safety standards, including safety gears shall be sufficient to protect the wellbeing of all workers. Safety training shall be organized to ensure that workers are competent and prepared for emergencies. The workplace shall be hygienic and workers shall have access to clean toilet facilities, sanitary water and eating facilities.
- Performance Management We believe that each employee shall be given visibility on their performance and there shall be sufficient framework for employees to be accorded work targets that are linked to the overall Group vision.
- Career Development Employees shall be given sufficient opportunities to attend training or develop their competencies and skillsets.
- Wages and Benefits We believe that working hours, wages and benefits provided by the employer shall be reasonable and competitive.
- Employee Engagement We believe that there shall be sufficient employee engagement programmes to ensure that employees have sufficient platform to reasonably voice grievances and make suggestions, while Management is able provide transparency and visibility to employees on the strategic directions, reward employees, and build Group culture